2013 Subway Music in the Zoo
Voted the best outdoor music venue in the Twin Cities by Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, the Weesner Family Amphitheater offers a unique outdoor musical experience and your concert ticket is your admission to the Zoo beginning at 4 pm. Come early, visit the Zoo until 6 pm, and enjoy a pre-concert meal at Grizzly Coast Café or World Tacos. The amphitheater opens for concert seating at 7 pm, unless otherwise indicated.
NEW bus service announced for the Subway Music In the Zoo Series. The bus route is from the U of M and downtown Minneapolis to the Minnesota Zoo for concert nights between June 6 – August 29. Roundtrip fare is only $5.00.
April 1 – Full concert schedule released
April 19, 10 am – Ticket combo packages on sale at Ticketmaster
April 24, 10 am-10 pm – Minnesota Zoo member pre-sale at Ticketmaster
April 27, 10 am – Tickets on sale to the public at Electric Fetus, Minneapolis
April 27, 10 am – Tickets on sale to the public at Ticketmaster
2013 CONCERT SCHEDULE:
Full concert schedule can be found at suemclean.com.
Available at all Ticketmaster locations, charge by phone at 800.745.3000, and online at Ticketmaster, and at the Electric Fetus in Minneapolis. Tickets are not sold at the Minnesota Zoo, except for the evening of the concert, if available.
What you need to know to have a great concert experience at the Minnesota Zoo:
- Concert tickets are not pre-sold at the Zoo. If a concert is not sold out, tickets will be available at the Zoo after 6:30 p.m. the evening of the concert. ($4 service fee per ticket)
- All concert goers, including Zoo members, will be charged a $7 parking fee.
- All concerts are rain or shine. If the musicians perform there will be no refunds.
- Before entry in to the amphitheater, all bags will be inspected and prohibited items removed.
- Umbrellas are not permitted in the amphitheater and will be held at the ticket booth if brought into the Zoo. Please leave umbrellas in your vehicle. We suggest ponchos for rainy weather.
- No cameras with a removable lens, video equipment, or recording equipment allowed without a pass.
- If you have mobility issues and need assistance getting to the amphitheater, please inquire at the ticket booth.
- Food and beverages are for sale at the Zoo. Please do not bring outside items.
- The amphitheater features reserved seating for 1,450 guests. All seating is wooden bench stadium style, with the exception of box seats.
- All guests older than the age of one will be charged full price.
- Box seats for selected concerts will have an additional fee.
- Smoking, including vaping (the use of electronic cigarettes), is not permitted in the seating area. Smoking is permitted in the merchandise area and the food service area between the caribou exhibit and the restrooms. Please respect all guests and limit smoking to these two areas.
- No re-entry is allowed after performance begins.
- Tailgating is not permitted in the Zoo parking lot.
- All prices, dates and artists are subject to change.
- Service fees are non-refundable.
Subway Music in the Zoo presented by:
Sue McLean & Associates, Inc.